Pay: Great team, great pay, great opportunities
Details: We are looking for an experienced line cook with PM availability
Must have high volume line production experience and be able to work under pressure. Nighttime availability required.
A day in the life of a Line Cook:
Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant
Ability to work well in busy venue and fast-paced environment
Commitment to quality service and food
Assists with cleaning the stations & organizing kitchen, walk in coolers & all storage areas
Making it happen with passion & style while having a great time doing it
Who You Are:
That challenges themselves in always finding a solution
That enjoys what you do while being professional
That is friendly & approachable
That takes action
That loves what you do!
Perks of Becoming a Team Member:
Local Discounts to Fitness Classes and Gyms
FREE Medical Insurance for Full-Time Employee's
Zipcar Discounts & Transit Checks
Paid Time Off
Dedicated People & Programs to Support your Career Growth Locally & Internationally
To apply, email us a copy of your resume! We look forward to hearing from you! ok
Details: Cook and Merchants at Neiman Marcus is an exciting new store-within-a-store. We've combined an all-day coffee+wine bar serving prepared salads, sandwiches, and bites with foodie retail and a live demonstration kitchen.
Employment Start Date: Mid-February
Restaurant Open Date: Mid-March
Hiring For: FULL TIME + PART TIME
• Servers (packaging orders, cashiering, clearing, greeting, merchandising)
• Baristas (specialty coffee beverage preparation)
• Retail team (selling, greeting, merchandising, gift baskets)
• Food safety & sanitation knowledge
• At least 1 year of similar restaurant experience
• Experience working in a fast-paced and high-energy environment
• A dedication to excellence
• A "will-do" attitude and desire to learn
• The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, and reaching
• Frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds
• Standing for up to ten hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours
What we offer:
• Competitive pay
• Great hours
• Career growth
• Medical, dental, HSA insurance options
• Commuter benefits
• 401k with employer matching
• Paid Time Off
• 30% discount at all Neiman Marcus Group stores
To apply with us, please fill out the following form:
Our Application zi
APPLY IN PERSON AT: 31st at 10thAve, 10001TO APPLY - READ JOB DESCRIPTION
Pay: Competitive Compensation & Benefits
STATE GRILL AND BAR
at the Empire State Building
Seeks Receiver / Prep Cook
Patina Restaurant Group's STATE Grill and Bar in the Empire State Building has anchored Herald Square and lower Midtown's growing culinary landscape in its first 6 months.
STATE Grill and Bar is already one of the most highly rated restaurants for guest service and outstanding food quality on Yelp*, Open Table, FOURSQUARE and across all social media.
An opportunity exists for proven culinary professionals with the ability to maintain our high standards of quality and guest satisfaction to join our team and become part of the exciting future at STATE Grill and Bar. We offer great opportunities to build and grow into professional hospitality experts while maintaining friendly and enjoyable work environments.
We are seeking a Receiver / Prep Cook with 1-2 years experience in all aspects of receiving and checking product quality and DOH food handling and storage. Prep Cook experience in a full-service, fine dining restaurant. Experience with production of stocks, various produce preparations and sauces also helpful. This is a full-time daytime position.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
Experience in a full service, high volume restaurant
Resourceful, clean & organized working habits with attention to detail
Has a good sense of urgency
A team player with a positive attitude
Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Able to carry/lift heavy objects when needed (up to 50 lbs)
Ability to communicate effectively
Openness and willingness to learn
Interested & Qualified individuals send resume to:
with "RECEIVER / PREP COOK" in the SUBJECT line.
Please include resume in the body of the email
WHAT WE OFFER:
We believe in affording our team with the same level of service that we strive to deliver to our guests. We are committed to providing extensive training that allows our team members to achieve the very highest levels of professionalism and open the door to increased opportunities for future career growth.
In addition, we offer industry leading compensation packages including:
Major medical insurance options
Dental, Vision and life insurance
10 Paid Holidays
Company Dining discount
We are more than just an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically celebrate the powerful and profound diversity of our team.
Visit us at www.PatinaGroup.com
APPLY IN PERSON AT: Midtown, 10001TO APPLY - READ JOB DESCRIPTION
Pay: Based on experience
Details: We are Hiring an experience Line Cook. Motivated, responsible and punctual candidates with positive attitude are welcome.
Experience in Japanese food is a must.
If you interested, please text (only) or email the resume giu
Details: We are making high quality ingredients on pizza. Local, organic toppings with more of an American feel. Example pizza: Pork Belly, grafton cheddar, fresh kale, Vermont Maple Syrup, in season produce, etc...Bar will serve real craft beer, natural wine, and amazing cocktails. Sound good? Come create the food in a fun casual atmosphere in Locust Valley on Long Island. Live in city? No problem we are located at the train station in Locust Valley! Contact Andrew Asap 516-384-9670. Let's see what you can do! yh
Details: Statement of Purpose:
The entire Culinary team must understand and implement the standards and the vision of Jean-Georges Vongerichten, while following all directives of all Kitchen Management. All Cooks are responsible for delivering the highest quality food and service at all times. Cooks are responsible for daily operational procedures and are responsible for food production and plating in accordance with company specs and timing standards. Cooks are responsible for following Company recipes at all times. To uphold the Culinary Concepts by Jean-Georges Values and Mission Statement while performing positional responsibilities and adhering to operational standards.
• To uphold the Culinary Concepts by Jean-Georges Values and Mission Statement while performing positional responsibilities and adhering to Culinary Concepts by Jean-Georges company policies and procedures, as stated in Employee Handbook
• Report to work on time and in proper uniform
• Follow direction of manager
• Demonstrate and promotes the Jean-Georges culture, always positively representing the company.
• Embrace teamwork within the restaurant, creating a positive work environment.
• Treat every guest, partner and vendor with respect and dignity.
• Ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and organization are maintained in the kitchen at all times, without exception. All sanitation and health department codes and company checklists must be followed at all times.
• Follow all kitchen safety procedures.
• Work in a clean and organized fashion and complete Daily and Detail Kitchen Cleaning Checklists.
• Report necessary repairs to KM
• Properly execute all recipes.
• Properly set up station according to company guidelines.
• Execute food production and plating, according to stated spec and timing.
• Maintain a clean, clutter free and organized station at all times.
• Maintain clean and organized food and other kitchen storage areas.
• Follow all company policies for dating, wrapping, rotating and storing of food product.
• Follow all Spice Market guidelines for daily operating procedures (line check, Station schematics, Waste Sheet)
• Follow production systems while utilizing stated pars.
• Break down and clean station at the end of the shift, follow daily cleaning list.
• Perform other job related activities as required or assigned by supervisor
• Complete a positional training program with validation measures throughout
• Adhere to all food safety and sanitation standards.
• Perform other job related activities as required or assigned.
Displays a pleasant and cheerful disposition. Must maintain a high level of integrity. Is able to adapt in difficult situations. Shows an eagerness and capacity to learn. Can be relied upon to complete tasks. Must have the ability to perform this job successfully, including each essential duty. Must understand operation of all related equipment. Must possess the ability to communicate via written and/or oral communication with the Kitchen Management.
Education and Experience:
Culinary degree preferred, with 1 year of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. T.I.P.S. certification preferred.
Details: PASTRY COOK POSTING
The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges
Jean-Georges Vongerichten brings his unbridled passion for fresh from the market, simple cooking to The Mark Hotel. A world class menu of subtly innovative European classics as well as Jean-Georges' signature global seasonings will be sure to satisfy cravings for both simple and eclectic palates alike. Showcased in a copper and glass wine wall in the dining room, The
Mark Restaurant's collection of boutique and familiar food friendly wines, from around the world, focus on value and diversity. Seating 104 guests, with a private dining room for an additional 20 patrons, The Mark Restaurant serves Breakfast, Lunch, Late Lunch, Dinner, Late Dinner and Sunday Brunch. Find more information at www.themarkrestaurantnyc.com.
The pastry team is looking for a cook with great determination, an ability to be a team player and a desire to grow a career with an ever-expanding restaurant company. You must work well under stress, possess a professional attitude, work clean, and have high standards for your work. Most importantly you need to love pastry. We are looking for someone who truly loves the craft and can bring that kind of passion and energy to the existing team.
Required Skills: Pastry Plating, Pastry Production, Ice Cream/Sorbet, Time Management, Ability to stand for several hours, able to lift 50+ pounds, Must speak fluent English.
Pluses: Culinary Degree, ServSafe/Food Handlers Certification, Experience working with chocolate and cake decorating
Availability: must be able to work nights and weekends.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing why you would be a good candidate to. . ... bgh
Pay: $15/hr for Pizzaiolo - $15/hr plus tips
Details: Motorino Pizzeria Seeking Experience Candidates for the following 2 positions (Upper West Side)
First Position -
We need a someone that is able to work 5-6 mornings
When they arrive their responsibilities would be as follows:
Clean and set up kitchen
Work the salad station
Make deliveries when necessary (MUST KNOW HOW RIDE A BIKE) - you will keep tips earned
Second Position -
Motorino is also seeking a cook/pizzaiolo 5 days a week with flexible schedule.
Must be prepared to take the food license exam that the company will reimburse.
Primera posición -
Necesitamos a alguien que trabaje de 5 a 6 mañanas.
Cuando lleguen sus responsabilidades serían las siguientes:
Limpiar la cocina y preparar la cocina para el servicio
Trabajar la estacion de ensaladas
Hacer entregas a domicilio cuando sea necesario (DEBE SABER COMO ANDAR EN BICICLETA): recibiran propinas al hacer las entragas
Segunda posición -
Motorino también está buscando un cocinero / pizzaiolo 5 días a la semana con horario flexible.
Debe estar preparado para realizar el examen de licencia de alimentos que la empresa reembolsará.
-To apply please email your resume in the body of the email. No Attachments
-Please stop by Motorino on 510 Columbus Ave NY NY 10024 and ask for Jonathan or Agustin
-Para aplicar envíe un correo electrónico su resume en el cuerpo del correo electrónico.
-Porfavor pase a Motorino en 510 Columbus Ave NY NY 10024 y pregunte por Jonathan o Agustin fd
Pay: Based on experience
Details: Great Performances, NYC's premier full-service food and catering company, is devoted to a collaborative commitment to service, innovation and quality. Dizzy's Club, one of our exclusive venues, is looking for an experienced saute' cook with a passion for cooking, a strong work ethic, & the ability to work as part of a team. Dizzy's Club is an upscale, intimate jazz club in Lincoln Center serving Southern-accented fare & themed cocktails.
• 1-2 years cooking experience
• Ability to cook protein, seafood, chicken and pork based on temps ordered
• Knowledge of basic culinary skills and desire to learn
• Knowledge of NYC Health Department guidelines
• Maintain kitchen sanitation according to the NYC health code
• Must have experience and desire to work in a fast paced environment
NYC Department of Health food handlers certificate is a plus.
You must provide valid documentation that you can legally work in the United States.
Great Performances is an equal opportunity employer. bh
Pay: Competitive Based on Position and Experience
Details: Casual Restaurant with high quality food seeks strong line cooks to join our already awesome team.
Please send resume to be considered.
We need one Salad Cook
*must have great knife skills, work fast, clean, and be a team player.
*must work nights, weekends, and some holidays. please be flexible with your schedule
35-40 hours a week. 5 days a week. $13-$14 an hour
We need one Grill Cook
*must have experience cooking all varieties of steaks including filet, ny strip, ribeye, hanger, and skirt.
*must have worked in a high scale, fine dining restaurant, have excellent knife skills, work fast, hard, and clean.
*Must be a TEAM PLAYER.
*must work nights, weekends, and some holidays
35-40 hours a week. 5 days a week. $18-$22 for QUALIFIED CANDIDATES. Do not apply if you do not have relevant experience.
35-40 hours a week.